Forms and Documents for Tenants

Home / Renting / Forms and Documents for Tenants

Notice Periods to Vacate Property

Notice must be given in writing to Kitson Property when ending the Tenancy. Please be aware email is still not accepted as an official form of notification and that you need to complete the official Notice to Vacate form.

Fixed Term Lease

In the last 14 days prior to your lease expiring either party may give 14 days notice to end the tenancy. This notice can be served up-to and including the last day of the lease term. If you want to end the fixed tenancy agreement early this will then fall under a break lease situation – see notes below.

Continuation Lease

Once the fixed term lease has expired you are required to give 21 days notice in writing. The landlord or agent must give you 90 days notice.

Break Lease

If you want to end the tenancy agreement early, you should give us as much notice as possible and you are required to complete our Notice to Break Lease form. Different compensation amounts for break lease apply depending on each specific tenancy.

Change of Tenants

Is your housemate moving out during the fixed term lease?
If you or your housemate want to move out of the property or change housemates during a fixed term please contact your property manager in whether this can be done and how to do this. This change is still subject to landlord approval.

Notice to Vacate

Break Lease Form

Final Inspection Checklist

Emergency Repair Procedure

Tenants must report ALL repairs and maintenance, including urgent repairs, as soon as possible to Kitson Property on 02 6923 3200 or by completing our online maintenance request form. Should  you not report repairs you may be held liable for any subsequent damage and/or increased expense due to the failure of timely notification.

The specified Urgent Repairs as set out in the Residential Tenancies Act 2010, clause 62 are as follows:

  • a burst water service or a serious water service leak
  • a blocked or broken toilet
  • a serious roof leak
  • a gas leak
  • a dangerous electrical fault
  • flooding or serious flood damage
  • serious storm or fire damage
  • a failure or breakdown of the gas, electricity or water supply to the premises
  • a failure or breakdown of the hot water service
  • a failure or breakdown of the stove or oven
  • a failure or breakdown of a heater or air-conditioner
  • a fault or damage which makes the premises unsafe or insecure


If one of the above urgent issues arise after office  hours, please refer to our tradies contact list. If you do have trouble contacting our preferred tradies please contact an alternative qualified tradesperson for assistance.

You are also required to fill in our online maintenance form to notify Kitson Property that an after hours service call has occurred. Failure to do so could result in the tenant being personally liable for the cost of the repair.

As a Landlord many be liable for the cost of the repair, the tenant must advise the tradesperson of the Owner’s name (which  you can find on your tenancy agreement) and have them send the invoice to Kitson Property.

Please be aware that these instructions are for emergency repairs ONLY. Please carefully read the emergency clause above, as any non urgent repairs completed after hours will not be paid by the landlord and will be the tenants responsibility.